Saturday, February 15, 2014

a Frozen party

C has been just a tad obsessed with Frozen since he saw the movie the night before Thanksgiving, so he requested that for his birthday theme.  I was extra excited since he has a January birthday, so the theme would coordinate with the season {and yes, I know this makes me a giant dork}.

Grandma Hen and I made C a Paleo chocolate cake {all except for the purple gel icing C requested}, and all of the adults at the party enjoyed it.  A few of the underage guests dug in, but I think they were unprepared for a birthday cake sans refined sugar.  No one complained, though.


We had a quick birthday lunch at Chick-fil-a before heading to Taber's Black Belt Academy.  P and Grandma Hen sat across the aisle from the rest of us in some of the "high seats".


The party was lots of fun!  We had Insta-snow to play in, and in the picture below the kids are having a "snowball fight" with some fluffy {and cold!} fake snowballs from Hallmark.


Since it was at the Tae Kwon Do school, of course there were some martial arts activities involved.


C didn't tell me for what he wished when he blew out the candles, but I hope all of his dreams come true!


All in all, I'd call this party a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment