Wednesday, November 11, 2015

P takes Camp Hanover by storm

Daddy A and I were so excited when it worked out for P to attend Camp Hanover for a week this summer.  {Thank you for the opportunity, Grandma Hen and Granddad Rooster!}  P loves the chance to spread his wings and increase his independence, and since Daddy A and I met working at Camp Hanover, it is a place that is near and dear to our hearts.

We purchased a relatively inexpensive digital camera for P to take to camp, and he provided some commentary on some of his favorite shots.

First P took a selfie.  "It's just what you do, mom."


"I took a picture of the sign for the bathhouse, because I just felt like it.  All of the signs around camp were wood carved like this one, which is very cool."



The second day of P's week at camp, one of our friends who was the Pastor-In-Residence for the session found P.  She asked him, "Is Adam your dad?"  P replied, "Yes, and Erin is my mom!"  I love that he didn't leave me out.  :)


"This is the day we started making candles at arts and crafts.  We dug holes in the ground and then poured in the wax."



"Most of the food was okay, and some was really good.  This is the night we had watermelon at dinner.  I took a picture so you would know that I ate the whole piece of fruit on my plate."


P was a part of the "Mysterious Wingerious" group that spent a week trying to solve a mystery.  The group picture was taken the day they found the "Key to Fun" {also pictured}.


Austin and Emma were P's awesome counselors!  I had Poppa Fred take a picture of P with both of them on the last day of P's camp session.


P had a blast, and he is already planning camp for next year. He says he might even want to stay for two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment