Tuesday, January 12, 2016

seven

Dear C,

I cannot believe you are seven years old today.  Seven!  It doesn't seem like it has been seven years since you came into our world and changed it forever - for the better! - and I have loved every minute of being your mom.


Each year, I am amazed at your self-confidence.  You know who you are and you are not afraid to share it with the world.  Your smile lights up a room, and you don't know a stranger.  You are friendly, outgoing, and you get along with everyone you meet.  Extrovert doesn't seem like a strong enough word to describe your vivaciousness.  (I'll go ahead and tell you that you get that personality trait from your daddy.)  You say that you want to be a pastor when you grow up, and as much as you love God and love everyone you meet, I know you would be a wonderful one.

In our family, we call you our "drama king".  You have big emotions, and they are written all over your face.  Your reactions to every situation - be it a surprise, a disappointment, or a perceived injustice - are bold.  Just last night, you were furious with me for telling you to wipe the toothpaste off of your face with soap and water instead of rubbing it on a clean towel.  If my camera had been closer, I would have snapped a photo of your pout.  You never stay mad for long, though, and true to form, your frustration was over right away.  By the time you were down the hall and I was tucking you into bed you were giggling and laughing with me.

My prayer for you is that you continue to approach life with all of the energy and excitement that you have so far.  I hope your love for God and all of his children stays in your heart.  You are such a blessing!

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment