Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend fun!

Last weekend was the annual Historic Morganton Festival. I'm not sure why it's called that, because I've been four times now, and I have yet to learn anything about the history of our fine town while I'm there, but it's a good time.

They have a "Kids Zone" full of crazy overpriced rides and games. Crazy overpriced. You could buy a bracelet for $15.00 so your kid could have one day of unlimited rides and games, which we did. (The festival is two days long, but do you think the entertainment company had a two day bracelet deal? Nosiree, they did not.) We did that because your other option was to buy tickets for $1.00 apiece. You're probably thinking, Mama E, why didn't you buy a few tickets and save your money? Well, friends, I'll tell you why. Every ride cost between 3 and 5 tickets. C had to sit out on the fun, because he wasn't tall enough for many rides, but P rode... and rode... and rode. And I encouraged it. I wanted to feel like I beat the system with our cost per ride by the time you divided $15.00 by all the times he rode things. (I realize the system won, because I gave the ride people $15.00, but let me pretend to preserve some dignity, please.)

This slide helped. Sans bracelet, it would have cost 4 tickets per ride. P rode it many times. I stopped counting after 12. Over and over and over he climbed the steps...


...and over and over and over either Daddy A or I slid down with him (because he didn't make the height requirement to ride alone). On a side note, for anyone who is as freaked out by "double sliding" as I am, since your child is literally on top of your lap and above the sides of the slide, you won't trap their leg and then slide into them as you might on an inflatable or "regular" slide.


C got some slide time in our backyard. I didn't want him to feel left out!

Then Sunday morning, the boys went to Sunday School and heard the story of Moses and the burning bush. They learned about having "ears for God" and listening to His word... and I enjoyed this picture the nursery workers took, so I posted it here... and titled the post "Weekend fun!" instead of "Historic Morganton Festival" so it would all fit together in one place.
I hope you had a fun-filled weekend, too!

1 comment:

  1. ha! Love the ears and good for you for doing the slide!!

    ReplyDelete