Friday, October 15, 2010

Apple Hill Orchard

In September, P's class took a field trip to a local apple orchard. I gave P the choice to go with just his class or have Mommy come along, and he chose to have me come with him! Since I know one day (sooner than I would like) he won't want me to tag along, Daddy A rearranged his work schedule to keep C so I could hang out with P.

We beat the school bus by a few minutes, providing us with a photo op...


...and time to stop in the store for a delicious apple doughnut.


Once P's class arrived, we began our tour of the orchard, which included learning about the cider making process


and the bees kept at the orchard.


Everyone enjoyed the apple and cider tasting. (P brought his favorite pink cup along for the trip.)


The boys (P's class is all boys, remember?) all got to pick apples to take home. P - and most of his classmates - took this job very seriously. We ended up with some delicious apples, and they didn't last too long at our house!


Everyone took a hay ride through the orchard before we called it a day. P and I had lots of fun with his classmates, and I am so glad Daddy A was willing and able to keep C.

Speaking of C, Daddy A took him to the park while we were at the orchard, where C had some fun of his own!




Happy fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment