Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy Hat Day!

P and Dr. Seuss share a birthday, so last Wednesday was Crazy Hat Day at P's preschool. I looked around the house, but I couldn't really find any good crazy hats. Then it dawned on me - we could make our own crazy hats... so we did!

Tuesday afternoon we got to work. I taped a piece of yellow paper (we didn't have any white paper, so I let P choose a color) to the table with painter's tape. I taped stripes across the paper, and the boys got to work covering all of the yellow paper they could see with red paint.


At least I thought I said cover the yellow paper, but I must have actually said cover your body with paint! Good thing P and C had taken their shirts off!


Once the paper was covered, P got to work painting two paper plates red. (He finished his paper before C was done, and he offered to be "a nice guy" and paint C's plate, too. Since C was on board, I let him paint away!)


The plates and papers dried on the easel, and after the boys were in bed Daddy A and I peeled away the painters' tape and cut the centers out of the paper plates. Then we attached the boys' painted papers on top of the paper plate hat brims.
We were ready for Crazy Hat Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment