Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sailing, Sailing... over the Coordinated Seas

Those of you who see P and C in person or take a look at the pictures on my blog very often have probably noticed that I frequently match or coordinate their outfits. Yes, I do know they are not twins (and yes, people who don't know us ask me if they are more often than you'd think they would!)... but I have fun doing it and I will stop when they don't like it anymore. I figure I should seize the day while they don't mind since I have so much fun coordinating their clothes!

We are really good friends with a family in our church whose older daughter, Martha, is one of our main babysitters. A couple of years ago, she started putting the boys to bed in pajama tops and bottoms that didn't come home from the store together, creating a delightfully mismatched surprise for me to find the morning after Daddy A and I had been out. She teases me regularly abut how "matchy-matchy" the boys are. So you can imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when she saw a photo of the boys in which C was wearing a white sailor suit and excitedly asked me if it still fit him... because she had a dress that matched that outfit and she wanted them to match for church one Sunday.

Not one to pass up an opportunity for either
a) coordinating outfits between the boys or the boys and their friends (P wore madras pants with white and navy accents and a shirt with a sailboat that Sunday) or
b) documented proof that Martha does, in fact, like matchy-matchy outfits,
I readily agreed.



This, ladies and gentleman, was an idea that originated in the mind of the young woman in this photo... and aren't those two adorable?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I, too, am matchy-matchy...because it's too cute at this age!!

    ReplyDelete