Thursday, September 8, 2011

Grandmere's house

Labor Day weekend we headed to West Virginia to visit my relatives. We stayed at Grandmere's house. P showcased his amazing memory by talking about the train books Grandmere has at her house while we were on the way there... and we hadn't visited in a year!

As soon as we were settled in, P opened the book cabinet and created a reading nook for himself behind the recliner.


My parents delivered the gifts John and Tiffany had bought for the boys as a thank you for being ring bearers in their wedding. (In all the craziness of the wedding weekend, the presents were misplaced!) When Tiffany asked Chase what he wanted, all he said was, "a turtle". She found a motorized turtle drawing toy, and it was a hit! C loves to draw pictures with it,and he also loves to turn it on and dance around to the music it plays.


Table fellowship is one of my favorite parts of visiting Grandmere. Even if we're not eating a big meal, I love to gather around her kitchen table and sit and visit.




I am so glad we got in to visit Grandmere. We are going to try to get in again before another year passes!

1 comment:

  1. You know, I smiled every time I saw your husband "check in" on facebook at Grandmere's kitchen! Made me smile. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete