Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tiffany's Wedding Weekend {the big day}

I am so happy for my sister and her husband, John! They are in love and happy together, and I know they will treat each other well and have a joy-filled marriage. I am so excited to officially welcome John to the family as my brother and the boys' uncle, although he's already been serving in that capacity for some time. :)

There are so many things we enjoyed about the ceremony and reception, but I will just hit some of the highlights in pictures here.

P and C were the ringbearers, and P took his job of "watching out" for Bella, the flower girl, very seriously. All three of the kids in the ceremony walked down the aisle and did a great job.




When we arrived at the reception, there were a few more wedding photos to take. P, C, and John's niece Emma were ready to help hold up the bride's train.





Finally C could wait no longer. He grabbed a cookie from the treat table and dug in! I think we managed to get all of the "official" wedding photos before we took a bite, so the tuxedo is probably clean in the pictures.





Tiffany and John wowed everyone with their dance moves.




My sister and my dad danced to "Sweet Baby James," one of my favorite James Taylor songs. In fact, I almost chose it for my father-daughter dance. My dad used to sing it to us when we were kids, and now I sing that song to my boys!



I don't often like to have my picture taken, but I'm trying to get better about that because I do like to have pictures for posterity... or something.



The boys were so excited when Tiffany came by their table to say hi.



P and Emma hit the dance floor and didn't stop! When we were done eating, I asked P if he would dance with me. He responded, "No, thanks, Mommy. I want to dance with Emma. Will you help me find her?" Sigh. Is he growing up that fast? Later I came and tried to dance with both of them, and Emma welcomed me. P stopped dancing and explained, "Mom, a dance is really only for two people." Oh well. I had fun watching him dance, and a grabbed a few dances with Daddy A and my dad.



I couldn't cut in on Emma, but apparently Aunt Tiffany is an acceptable dance partner.



I thought the boys would stay on the dance floor all night...



...but they took a break so Tiffany and John could cut the wedding cake.



The cake was delicious, and the boys headed home for bed. P especially enjoyed the "late night party" and the band. Daddy A and I stayed until the reception ended and saw Tiffany and John off with sparklers. It was a phenomenal party!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures!! Congrats to Tiffany! And you looked beautiful, Erin!

    ReplyDelete