Wednesday, June 19, 2013

NDS Valentine's Day dance

P's school had a Valentine's Day dance this year.  At first, I wasn't thrilled that an elementary school was even having a dance, but it was a family dance and P wanted to attend and he wanted C to attend as well, so the four of us and Grandma Paige and Poppa Fred, who were visiting for the weekend, all attended the dance.

I wanted the boys to wear their blue polo shirts with a small dump truck full of hearts appliqued on them, but P wouldn't hear of it.  When I explained that it was a dressy occasion, he expressed, ahem, a strong desire to wear "his special clothes from Aunt Tiffany's wedding".  He agreed to wear his heart bow tie and squeezed into his tuxedo, and we were off!

The boys made lego heart necklaces for their valentines this year, but P wanted to give his friend Layne hers at the dance.  Layne is shy, so she was a little overwhelmed when P gave her the gift.


She ran off after a quick hug.  C and I headed out to the dance floor.  I'm so glad he still likes to dance with his mommy.  I'll have to pull out this picture as photographic evidence that I was once a coveted dance partner when he gets to middle school.  :)


P was happy to show off his dance moves.


He danced with his cute teacher.  We were so blessed to have such a sweet and caring teacher this year.  I just cannot say enough good things about Mrs. Handley!


Layne did return to the party.  P was so cute - he brought her and her friend some punch and cookies while they were resting, and he spoke to Layne's mother.  I hope he can remember those manners in ten years!

At the end of the dance, P said, "My favorite part of the dance was giving Layne the necklace, because I like to make girls happy".  He's a thoughtful guy.


I hope you got to celebrate Valentine's Day with some fun festivities, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment