Sunday, June 23, 2013

P's 6th birthday party: the Ninjago edition

Since he's our resident lego lover, it came as no surprise when P was bitten by the Ninjago bug.  So when it was time to plan his sixth birthday party, I wasn't surprised when P asked for a Ninjago-themed celebration.

I printed off some Ninja eyes to make the balloons look like Lloyd and his comrades.


Then I decided those eyes were so cute I needed another place to use them.  Since we were serving water at the party, I "ninja-ed" the water bottles, too.


P asked for tae kwon do lessons as his birthday present this year, and he wanted to have his party at the TKD school.  I was so excited to see his location tie in with the party theme!  {P, ahem, MAY have inherited a "coordinating" gene.}  P really enjoyed his party, especially the tae kwon do class, and I was pleasantly reassured that his requested gift was going to be a hit.



Of course, after that workout, everyone was ready for some Ninjago cake.  I had planned to try to make a Ninjago cake, but then my mom found an Etsy shop that was selling these cake decorating sheets, and P decided he liked this design better than my prelimiary ideas.  It was a bit of a hassle getting it to our house on time, but we did receive it and our local Ingles added it to a sheet cake.  {You can just lay these sheets right on top of an iced cake, if you're looking to replicate it yourself.  I also found that some bakeries, particularly in places like grocery stores, have a special printer that can copy an image you bring them onto one of these sheets.}


P enjoyed some cake and ice cream with his friends.


I couldn't resist putting this photo of C into the post - he is such an expressive kid!  He's always making silly faces like this, and I want reminders like this one on the blog so I'll never forget them... as if I could!


P got to break a board at his party, and I still suspect that this is one of his favorite parts of tae kwon do.  He used a hammer fist {his favorite break} and smashed right through the board.


I found some "Ninja Bread Men" cookie cutters at Target around Christmastime, so we sent each of P's party guests home with a Ninjago cookie and a lego minifigure.


I enjoyed celebrating P's special day with the birthday boy and our family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment