Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy Pieday!

As part of a fundraiser for the new school playground, each class was challenged to raise money and earn prizes for their class. The coveted prize was the chance for each student in the classroom to earn the right to throw a pie in the face of the staff member of their choice.

P's and C's classes both worked their way to this prize, so on the half day before Christmas break, as the entire school gathered in the multipurpose room, they prepared to throw pies at... ME.

Each of the boys "threw" their pies, and then smushed them into my face.  {P, in particular, had a lot of gusto behind his smush.}  To be technical, they were aluminum pie pans of whipped cream, not actual pies.  They were messier than pies.



I'm not a fan of playing with food, but I did enjoy seeing the boys' faces {after I wiped my own off, of course}. They had lots of fun, and all three of us definitely made a memory that will stay with us for a long time. How many people will one day be able to tell their children, "When I was in elementary school, I threw a pie in my mom's face in front of the whole school! The principal was watching, and he just laughed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment