Thursday, March 11, 2010

C's first haircut

After months of admiring C’s beautiful hair, and enjoying the way the ends were beginning to flip out as they grew longer, I finally acknowledged that it was possible to describe the overall effect as, ahem, a teeny, tiny, very little bit disheveled. So last Saturday, since P was also overdue for a haircut, the boys, their Grandma Hen, and I headed to the barber.
Just before we left, I asked P if he thought it was time for Bebe to get a haircut, and he replied, “No. Bebe’s too big.” (We’ll be working on our opposites soon. Or something.) I thought that was an excellent excuse reason for postponing C’s first haircut. And then we arrived at the barbers’.
There was a bit of a wait. Tommy didn’t give P his first haircut, but since P’s second haircut we’ve been loyal customers. He does a GREAT job, so we always wait for him. We think it’s worth the wait every time. Saturday was no exception. After P’s cut, P announced, “I all done. It’s Bebe’s turn.” What’s a mommy to do? C had a turn.
He did a great job – C sat still throughout the cut (except, of course, for trying to turn so he could see himself in the mirror). Even though I think he looks much older than he did, I have to admit he looks adorable with his new ‘do. I did think it took some getting used to, and I think from the before and after pictures it’s pretty clear that C agrees.

Even more than the haircut, though, I had to get used to P’s comment as I buckled the boys in their car seats for the ride home. “Mommy, we’re bof big boys now!”
Maybe so, but they’re still my babies. And, for the record, it’s been five days since the haircut, and in P’s mind, C’s name is still “Bebe”. Just sayin’.

No comments:

Post a Comment