Thursday, March 18, 2010

for the love of technology

P has recently started talking on the phone when his grandparents call. For some reason, he thinks you're (or at least he's) supposed to whisper when he talks on the phone. We decided that we'd give video chatting a try... this way, P could see the person he was talking to, face to face, so to speak, which we thought might help him realize he should speak up.
A few nights after his first video chat with Poppa Fred, P decided he needed me to call Poppa Fred so he could "tell 'im somefin." I obliged, and P whispered. Poppa Fred suggested we try to video chat instead, and it worked really well. (P certainly didn't see the computer screen, remember that he likes a youtube video of Thomas and Friends running into each other to the tune of "Accidents Happen," and repeatedly ask to "do trains" instead. And, ahem, if he had, I certainly wouldn't be blogging about that. But I digress.)
Anyway, once P realized he could see and hear Poppa Fred, he wanted to "show Daddy." Since Daddy wasn't home, P took a picture of the computer screen with my digital camera, and saved it "for Daddy." I am subsequently posting it here because it's so cute I happen to sometimes fall prey to doting mother syndrome. I hope you enjoy his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment