Tuesday, April 20, 2010

in which I confess to a love of Target and underoos

I don't know why I love them... I just do.



Target is undoubtedly one of my favorite places to shop. They lure you in with that "dollar spot" right by the entrance, and by the time you're done there, you're settled and comfortable. Ready to window shop spend money to past your heart's content. I'm going to be honest here, and admit that it's really, really difficult for me to hang around in a Target without spending money.

I guess I love it so much because all the cool kids shop there. See?








And underoos? I don't see how an explanation can be required... they're just awesome. One of my best friends when I was little had some, and I wanted a pair, too! Alas, they were hard to find for females. (I think there were Wonder Woman underoos, but I didn't find that out until I was in college, at which point it was decidely, ahem, too late.)

Underoos are back with a vengenance, my friends, because marketing folks have realized there is quite the market for them... a lot of people who loved underoos as kids are now parents. And just as the marketing folks hoped, I was jonesing for a chance to live vicariously through share my love of underoos with my child.

While I perused the underoos aisle at Wal-Mart, I realized that I might be a bit premature in my purchase... P isn't into the whole superhero thing yet. I saw a pair of Lightning McQueen underoos and was about to get those (even though they don't really fit the underoos mold, whether they're labeled as underoos or not) when Daddy A spotted something wonderful. "If I were you," he interjected, "I'd get those Buzz Lightyear underoos right behind you." And with the giddiness of a child on Christmas morning I jumped around and flung merchandise every which way turned around and began looking for a pair of Buzz Lightyear underoos in the right size.

Apparently a love of underoos is genetic, because P is now the extremely proud owner of some "Buzz close".




And apparently now that he and Woody are friends, Buzz's preferred footwear is a pair of cowboy boots.


Yup, I have definitely passed on my love of underoos. P wears his "Buzz close" a lot. And I wash them a lot. I guess this falls under the category of "be careful what you wish for..."

1 comment: