Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas at Dixie Stampede

Wednesday night, we arrived in Pigeon Forge and dropped our luggage of in our hotel room. I dressed P and C in some (coordinating, of course!) Christmas outfits, and we headed out the door for dinner at Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede.

When we arrived we took some time to visit with the horses. I love this picture of my dad and C. C was loving the animals, and then he saw a hostess "princess" in a gold dress and had to stop and flirt with her! C is in a MAJOR princess phase right now. I don't think I've mentioned it on the blog yet, but he definitely appreciates the beauty of a princess or a mermaid... he loves his Dora mermaid bathtub toy and Playtex princess sippy cup. I'm sure it will pass on its own, so I'm not too worried. For now, I'm enjoying C's proclamations of things that are "soooo booful" (so beautiful). It melts my heart when I hear, "Oh my gosh! Mommy - you are SO booful, Mommy!"




We enjoyed the music during the pre-show before heading into the arena for the North and South Pole competition. We were on the North Pole side, and P was a bit disappointed. The North Pole's color was green, and not only is red his favorite color, he has been anti-green for a good year now.



Daddy A was chosen to compete for the North Pole in the horseshoe portion of the evening. He received a medal, which I offered to P. P declined, because the ribbon was green. As you can tell from the above photo, C had no qualms about wearing a "green" medal.


We enjoyed the meal and the show just as much as we did last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment