Friday, November 25, 2011

Fall Festival

Man, oh, man... it is probably a very good thing that C isn't a girl. Remember when I said that his shark costume was too small? Well, we traded that costume for an octopus costume in a bigger size (because (a) there were no bigger shark costumes left, and (b) C originally wanted to be an octopus but settled on a shark since I was afraid that the octopus costume, which only came in bigger sizes, would be too big).

When the octopus costume arrived, C opened it and exclaimed, "It's my octopus!" He carried it all over the house. He put it to "sleep" at the foot of his bed. He WOULD NOT put it on.

I didn't push the issue, but eventually the day of our church's Fall Festival arrived. I tried to get C to put on his octopus costume. I calmly stated that it was time to get dressed. I suggested he help me get his costume on his body. I told him to put his costume on. I tried to bribe him to put it on. He cried. I suggested he wear a Halloween t-shirt to the festival. He begged for a costume.

I went downstairs to the closet in the guest bedroom and got out some old Halloween costumes. I offered Elmo (P's costume two years ago), Swiper the Fox (P's costume last year), and Boots the Monkey (C's costume last year). C went back and forth. He would start to get a costume on, then take it back off. Some he "didn't yike", and others "scared" him.

Just as I was ready to wrestle him into a shirt and pants so we coul get to the festival, C settled on Boots. Seriously, if he were a girl would there have been 20 more costume changes? And an argument about hair? He's only two, people!


P happily wore his shark costume again. C later told Daddy A he was scared of his octopus because of the octopus in The Little Mermaid. I had to take the Swiper costume and the octopus costume out of his bedroom.




As you can see from the above photo, most of C's Boots costume didn't stay on either... but C, P, and Colby had fun at the festival playing games, climbing the inflatable slide, and going on a hayride around the church, and family fun was the ultimate goal. Costume drama aside, it was a pretty relaxed afternoon and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment