Friday, November 25, 2011

Halloween night

As we were leaving school a few days before Halloween, P asked me if he could be a Bubble Guppy for Halloween. (Bubble Guppies is a preschool show about some merboys and mergirls who go to school underwater and have a grouper fish for a teacher. Both of the boys have caught the Bubble Guppies bug.)

P pointed out that he had worn his shark costume "manyer times", and that he planned to wear it "manyer other times" too. He did wear it to multiple other functions, and I think it might fit him a while longer, and it could definitely be passed down to C at some point. I explained that they didn't sell Bubble Guppies costumes, and he replied, "Well, you could just sew me one." I get really excited when the boys ask to wear something I've made, so I thought about it. P asked if he could call Grandma Hen and see if she had any "tail fabric" I could use.

I relented. P planned out costumes - complete with colored hair spray - for himself and C.

And on Halloween night, I took Nonny and Gil trick or treating.


When we stopped at church for the Trunk or Treat, the (mer)boys ran into Bumblebee.




We did go to a few houses, and between that and the church Trunk or Treat, the boys came home with bags FULL of candy. They considered their Halloween a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment