Monday, February 27, 2012

Winterfest

Every year, the boys' preschool holds a spaghetti dinner fundraiser called Winterfest.  Besides the spaghetti, there are table centerpieces made by each class and live performances from the three year old and four year old classes.

C's group performed a song called "Busy," and the kids all dressed up as different community workers.  There were doctors, moms, policemen... and C wanted to wear a princess dress.  "C," I said, "that's not the best choice for this song."  "Mommy," he replied, "you said to dress like what we want to be when we grow up.  When I grow up, I am going to be a princess!"  I asked him what princesses do, and he replied, "They spin in circles!"  At least he's going for a career path that will make him happy.  :)


C's consolation for the lack of a princess dress was his blue blankie... which he wrapped around his waist like a skirt.  Just call him Linus.  At least he's resourceful!

P's group performed "Tooty Too," a very popular song with his classmates and friends.  It was hard to get pictures from the stage, so this is the best one I have.  The four year olds were happy to sing for the audience, and it was fun to watch them enjoy themselves.

I can't believe how much my boys are growing every day - annual events like this give me opportunitites to reflect on how much they have changed from one year to the next!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! And my girls would have a ball twirling with C!! ha!

    ReplyDelete