Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Youth Group Sweetheart Dance

Our church youth group had a Sweetheart Dance Saturday night of the weekend before Valentine's Day.  I was a lucky lady, because I had a wonderful date!


P was "so a'cited" to get to stay up late and take me to "a dance with the big kids".  He wore his tuxedo from Aunt Tiffany's wedding with a red bow tie, and he was very handsome.  He loaned me his red heart necklace, since it was a Valentine's dance.  His dance lessons are paying off, because he was tearing up the dance floor.!

I'll confess, I was doubly lucky, because this guy was my date, too.


When P was busy doing solo dance moves, Daddy A and I had a chance to dance.


Lots of the girls danced with P, and he even posed for a picture with Amanda.  He was quite the ("a'cited") gentleman all evening.


This picture has got to be one of my favorite parts of the dance.  (I'll save this one to look at when P is older and thinks he's too cool to dance with his mommy.)


We left a bit early so P could get to bed at a (semi-)resaonable hour.  Sunday morning he woke up and we got ready for church.  When we arrived, he asked me, "Mommy, is the dance gone?"  He was disappointed that it was over, but he suggested that C might be old enough to come next year so our whole family could dance together.  I hope so, buddy.  I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment