Friday, June 29, 2012

P's pre-K graduation

When P found out there was a graduation ceremony for his preschool class, he was pretty excited.  He called his Grandma Hen and asked if she could come.  She rearranged her schedule to visit for a few days.

Personally, I don't have a problem with pre-K graduations, but I don't think they're necessary.  If you "graduate" several times before you even get to high school, I feel like it makes high school graduation seem a bit more "been there, done that" than it should be.  Of course, I'm not speaking from personal experience - I just had a high school graduation ceremony - and it's just my personal opinion anyway.  Feel free to disagree.  It was a very nice evening, though.  Each student felt special, and the kids were proud of all the perparation they had put into the evening.  I also didn't cry at the ceremony.  I do realize how much my older son is growing, and I miss certain things about my baby boy, but look at all the new great experiences we are having and the new experiences we'll continue to have!  As parents, our goal is to help our children grow and become more independent.  I focused on how proud of P I am and how glad I am that he's excited to start kindergarten in the fall.

The kids processed in to "Let Them Be Little".  Even though this isn't a high quality picture, I love it!  P turned to give his family a wave and a smile as he walked down the aisle.  I hope he's always this excited to acknowledge us in public.


We didn't get any great pictures of P up front, partially because they performed some musical numbers while they were up on the risers so many of the pictures are blurry since P and his friends are moving around.


After the kids each had their name called and received their "diploma" (the parents received the actual -unrolled - diploma after the ceremony), they processed back out.  P held his diploma extremely carefully...


...at first.  Then he shifted to a one handed "Is it time for cake?" stance.


And then...

it was time for cake!


C was proud of P, too.  It was really neat to see him watch the ceremony without begging to get up, and when P got to the back of the room afterwards C rushed over to give his brother a hug.


P has had AMAZING teachers this year.  We have been so blessed!  Our whole family loves both of them.  I'll be sad next year when I don't have a reason to stop by their classroom every day.  We made sure to get pictures of P with Mrs. Bobby and Mrs. Revonda.



And of course we got a picture of P with his best friend Evan.


P asks me all the time why he and Evan can't go to the same school for kindergarten.  I know he'll make new friends, but we're going to keep in touch with Evan, too.

Congratulations, P!  I'm so proud of the "big boy" you are and continue to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment