Saturday, November 16, 2013

July 4th

When Daddy A was growing up, every year he celebrated the 4th of July with a neighborhood bike parade and picnic.  Since we were visiting his old stompin' grounds for the holiday, our boys were able to experience the event.  Grandma Hen borrowed bikes for the boys to decorate, and we were all set for the ride.

 C decided that I should wear some of the decorations, too.  I don't know that he has a future as a hairstylist.



We were all ready to roll {See what I did there?  I'm so clever.} when it was time for the parade to start.


P was confident, even on a borrowed set of wheels.


The local fire department sends over an engine every year, too.  P and C loved getting an up close look at the fire engine.


Perhaps at first glance you won't realize what's going on in the photo below.  Let me enlighten you - someone found a little green garden snake, and P is petting it.  It may have been the highlight of his 4th.  I'd definitely say it made the top five.


I was thrilled that P and C got to celebrate the 4th of July the way Daddy A did when he was young.  I love seeing the connections between families and friends over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment