Thursday, July 3, 2014

the next generation

One night, after I had tucked the boys into bed, Daddy A and I were downstairs watching television.  We heard some footsteps and, when no one showed up downstairs, assumed one of the boys had gotten up to use the bathroom and returned to bed {a relatively common occurrence}.  When we came upstairs for the night, we were greeted with this:


C apparently got out of bed, came out to the couch, and decided to sleep there instead. {On a side note, we were having new cushions made for our upstairs couch, so half of the cushions were at the upholsterers' shop. Apparently the couch itself is very comfortable. Good news, since we kept that part!}  This whole scenario cracked me up, because it reminded me of when my sister and I were growing up.  She used to get out of bed at night and sneak downstairs and sit on the bottom set of stairs in our split level house while my parents were in the den watching television.  More than once, my parents would get ready to come upstairs for bed and find my sister asleep on the steps.  I guess C is just carrying on a family tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment