Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aunt Tiffany's bridal shower and brunch in DC

My sister's friends in DC threw her a bridal shower last weekend. I really wanted to go, and since it was a cookout for couples, Tiffany suggested that I come and bring the boys. (Daddy A and my dad were both out of town, so my mom and I were flying solo. Well, not solo, because there were two of us, but you know what I mean.) That's what I decided to do, so the four of us (P, C, my mom and I) spent Saturday night at a hotel in DC.

I could not have been more pleased with the boys' behavior. I was incredibly proud of both of them. They arrived at the party and settled right in at a table.



The boys posed with Aunt Tiffany.



C discovered the juice boxes in a drink tub where he could reach them unassisted. I discovered that he has a juice box problem.


He drank all five of the juice boxes pictured here. Yes, all five. Fortunately, he didn't get sick.

Tiffany's friend Morgan offered the boys some colored chalk and a chalkboard. P and John got to work creating a masterpiece.



My sister and I had our photo taken.



And in honor of Mother's Day (and just because we love her), we also took a photo with our amazing mom.



Tiffany posed with her friends. The Capitol is behind us and to your left. (You can't see it in this picture, but I promise, it's back there!)



Sunday morning when the boys woke up, I asked them if they had enjoyed Aunt Tiffany's party. They both said yes. When I asked them if they had a favorite part, C said his was the cupcakes. (He also told Tiffany happy birthday several times!)



P said his favorite part was helping Aunt Tiffany open all of her presents.


Sunday morning we got up and went to Aunt Tiffan'y place. The boys were happy to see Tiffany, John, and Tucker! We walked to brunch together and celebrated Mother's Day.



I had a blast visiting my family, and I was especially glad I got to spend some time with my sister! I'm so excited for her and for John as they prepare to get married in August!

2 comments:

  1. What great pictures...and 5 juice boxes!! Holy moly!! I haven't seen your sister since you all were little. What a wonderful shot of you all and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And they were regular sized, too, not the four ounce ones! (Please please please don't tell anyone about that in the "kids and nutrition" section of Mama Wants Her Prebaby Body Back"! I have know idea how he fit all of that liquid into his belly!

    ReplyDelete