Wednesday, August 4, 2010

a crafting update

I finished the pants I was knitting for the boys. (That's one pair for them to share - P wears them uncuffed, C cuffs the legs, and there's a drawstring waist.) Many thanks to Grandmere for helping me figure out how to weave everything together!

I was all set to focus on C's stocking until I was done with it, but I had been planning to sew a jacket for P almost identical to the one I made him two years ago that C has inherited. It has Peanuts characters doing autumn-like things (raking leaves, etc.) on it. I figured that since fall comes before Christmas, I should push that project to the top of my crafting queue. Then I decided to focus on the stocking like I had told myself I would so I could get it done. (I've been working on it off and on for over a year.) Then I remembered that on our last trip to Fredericksburg Grandma Paige bought the boys tennis shoes with Linus and the Great Pumpkin on them, I decided they'd go so well with the jacket that I did need to go ahead and make a new (bigger) one for P. So for the last three days, I worked on it a little bit every night, and now it's done! The lining is a different color than in the first jacket I made, and I put it together a little differently, but other than that, it's the same.

I haven't worked on the stocking though, so I'm back to focusing on that. Hopefully I'll do a bettter job than I have been...

1 comment: