Saturday, April 30, 2011

Asheboro Zoo

We headed to the zoo in Asheboro last Monday. This zoo is amazing! The walkways are shaded, there's a great garden themed playground, and there are tons of animals to see.

Of course we looked at lots of animals. We made sure P got to see lions and C got to see elephants.


When P was ready for a snack, we headed to the center of the zoo. He and Poppa Fred used the map to help plan out the rest of our day.


We took in the Dora and Diego 4-D movie. It turned out to be really good timing, because there was no line. (I found out later in the day, when P wanted to see the movie again, that when there is a line for the movie, it's rather long. Apparently worth it, though, because we waited to see the movie a second time. But I digress.)

Next we headed to the Carousel. By the way, I discovered thanks to my mom's research on the zoo's website that the difference between a merry-go-round and a carousel is that a merry-go-round offers only horses to its riders, while a carousel offers a variety of animals. Maybe this is common knowledge, but in case it's not, there's your random fact of the day.

C chose a polar bear.



P is absolutely positive he is riding a wolf. I was pretty sure it was a black bear (although I was also pretty sure the girl who was next to him was riding a wolf), but once I realized he was firm in his convictions I went with it.


After lunch we hit the playground.



We saw a few more animals, and P eventually decided he was ready to take a break from walking (the pathway around the zoo is 5 miles long, although there are trams). I guess he was pretty tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment