Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camp Hanover, part 7 {cookout night}

At Camp Hanover, there are two scheduled dinner cookouts every week. When no one had invited either Pastor-in-Residence family to Saturday night's cookout by the end of breakfast Saturday, we decided that we would use an empty campsite to make our own group and cookout. I know I shouldn't brag, but I'm going to anyway. :) We had a creative and delicious meal.

I couldn't resist putting up this picture of P and his new friend. Her name is Rachel, but he calls her Herschel almost all of the time. We all thought it was adorable! She let us know that no one else can call her that - only "Carter" can. (It seems fair, since she mispronounces his name frequently, too.)


The men handled the majority of the cooking, while Anne and I worked on the fresh fruit, salad, and desserts. When the food was ready, we sat down to a great feast and some great fellowship.



Why am I so confident that our food was good? Bobby James came to our cookout and ATE OUR FOOD. That is some high praise, people! He was even heard calling other staff on the radio to come and eat!



The food was delicious, but from my point of view the fun of preparation and the wonderful fellowship was even better! Thanks Smith family!

No comments:

Post a Comment