Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Camp Hanover

Daddy A used a week of continuing education this summer to be the Pastor-in-Residence at Camp Hanover. Camp is a very special place for us - Daddy A and I met while working there, and that's also where he proposed. We took P out there when he was just a couple of months old (before we moved to North Carolina) to meet some staff, but this was C's first visit.

I've always loved the simple beauty of camp. I can truly see God in the things he has created on camp's beautiful natural acreage.



I managed to stay "unplugged" from the phone and internet all week, and it was wonderful. Even though electronics are discouraged at camp, I did allow the boys to use their Leapsters once or twice on rainy afternoons during rest period. (They went all week without television, though, and didn't even ask for it!)





Another of my favorite things about camp when I was a counselor was forming new friendships. This time I made friends with another pastor's wife. Our families had a blast together!




Once again, I find myself grateful for this "place apart". It is truly one of God's great blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment