Saturday, July 20, 2013

Tweetsie!

It's Tweetsie season again!  Since this visit was in early May, it was still cool on the mountain.  P was thrilled to discover this opportunity to wear his favorite sweatshirt.  I'm not sure why, but as we were walking past the engine on our way to the Palace Saloon, P asked if we would take his picture in front of the train.  Normally, P is not a big fan of photos, so we {of course} agreed, but I had to calmly say, "I guess... if you want." and I couldn't smile, or blink, or scratch my arm, or give any other indication of my excitement in case he decided to take back his request.


P took Daddy A for a drive, and I took C for a spin around the track up at the Country Fair.


In another surprising turn of events, P did not turn his nose up at the carousel.  He happily chose a horse and went round and round.


P is too big to ride these boats now, but C was still able to sail around the circle.  {Another reminder that the boys are growing up so fast!}


As we were preparing to head home, we heard C's friend Fancy Carol calling to him from the train.  We weren't in a hurry, so we jumped back on for one more train ride into the Old West with Fancy Carol and her family.  Seeing friends from town was a fun surprise!


I hope you enjoyed the inaugural Tweetsie post of the season.  If you've been around long, y'all know there are more Tweetsie posts to come this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment