Sunday, August 9, 2015

Latta Plantation

I told P and C that I would take a day off to go on one school field trip with each of them {we get two personal days each year}, and that I would let them choose the field trip.  P chose the Latta Plantation, because the Civil War was his favorite unit of study in second grade.  {I was thrilled, because when I worked in second grade, this was one of my favorite field trips}

The trip did not disappoint!  P's class was a little upset that they were chosen to fight for the union {they were hoping for gray kepis}, but P and one of his best friends were chosen as the corporals for their unit.  They were at the front of their respective lines and got to pass out materials, call commands, and lead the drills for their classmates.  {It also made it easier for me to get pictures of them, since they were on the end!}

Everyone learned lots of things on the trip, enjoyed hands-on activities, and had a blast!  This one goes down in the books as a win.




No comments:

Post a Comment