Wednesday, June 2, 2010

But my tummy's hurtin'...

Both of the boys' allergies seemed to be bothering them this morning. P woke up and coughed up some drainage. On the way to his end of school party, he "was coughin'" again. Yup, in the car. And yup, "coughin'" is what P calls... something else. Something that you don't want your child to do in your car. Then he seemed much better, and since I was pretty sure it was just drainage, to the party we went. Both of the boys had fun at the party, and seemed to be feeling much better.
P clearly wasn't feeling awesome, though, because he asked for "cow chikin" for lunch and then refused the nuggets when they arrived. But after lunch, P seemed to notice that a "hurtin' tummy" might get him more than "cow chikin" for lunch. When it was nap time, he explained that he didn't want to sleep because "my tummy's hurtin'". When he slammed into his brother with a toy car ( a ride on car, not a matchbox car) and got put in time out, he started screaming and kicking and said that he shouldn't have to go to time out because "my tummy's hurtin'". Around 4:00 this afternoon, P looked at me with this sad face and said in a soft, pitiful voice, "My tummy's hurtin'. I just want some chips an' pizza an' Sprite. It will make me feel better." His "hurtin' tummy" made a reappearance at bedtime tonight... because he didn't want to go to sleep. This could be an interesting phenomenon to work through, and I do hope that tomorrow P won't need to say, "but my tummy's hurtin'". I hope he and C both feel 100% better!

No comments:

Post a Comment