Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a catch up post... sort of

Well, I have a post written about our adventures over Memorial Day weekend. Written being the operative word. I can't get the pictures I've selected to upload to my blog, which I'm pretty sure is an issue with Bellsouth. I could write a whole post about Bellsouth, but I don't feel like being a Negative Nelly. Rest assured, though, that a new post is in the works. If I can't get the pictures to upload tomorrow, I'll post the words for your enjoyment. In the meantime, here's a bit of catch up on our day to day lives.

C has one molar that's broken through his gums. If his swollen gums (and dirty diapers) are any indication, the rest aren't going to be far behind. He has added the words, "Go!" "bubba (brother)," and "mo' (more)" to his vocabulary. He's still a daredevil. Just this afternoon, he climbed on a chair, fell out of it, and landed on his arm. We took a trip to see Miss Jean, our parish nurse, and had it checked out. He's fine now.

P tells longer and longer stories every day. His last day of school is Thursday, and he is not looking forward to a break from school. He plans to go to school "all the days of summer wif Ms. Temmy." He's excited about our upcoming trip to see Thomas at Tweetsie, a visit from his grandmas, and dance camp.

I'll close this post with a conversation the boys and I had last week:

P is sitting on the couch next to me. C walks over and swats his hand at P, smacking him on the leg.

Me: "C, we do not hit. Do not hit your brother."

P: "Yeah, C. We do not hit."

C walks over to the "Time Out Spot" and sits down. After one minute, I walk over to him.

Me: "C, you were in time out for hitting P. Please don't hit again." I give C a hug.

C walks over and hugs P.

P: "Thanks, C. It's okay; I know you're sorry."

I realize that C was copying what he's seen his brother do, but it was still nice to see him start to accept consequences for his actions. He's really growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment