Friday, June 18, 2010

What a week!

I apologize for my sparse posting of late. This week we've had VBS at church until 8:30 every night (except for C, who had a neighbor bring him home so he could go to bed at 7:00), and P had dance camp Monday through Thursday night, too. Needless to say, we're all pretty beat around these parts. I'm only one load of laundry away from being caught up (with the laundry, not everything), and the boys' rooms got picked up today, too, thanks to Daddy A's help.

Speaking of VBS, P got really into the music. On the way to dance yesterday, "This Little Light of Mine" came on. P and I had this conversation:

P: This is the shine song. I do my finger like this (holding index finger in the air and waving it about) an' I sing.

Me: Oh, that's nice! Do you like the shine song?

P: Uh huh. An' Arfur (one of Thomas the Tank Engine's friends) likes it, too. I'm holdin' Arfur now.

Me: Good. Can you do the shine song again?

P: No. My hands are full of Arfur.

Me: Can Arthur do the shine song?

P: No, Arfur can't do it, Mom, because Arfur doesn't have fingers. Oh, here's the river song ("Peace Like a River"). We can do that one!

It was adorable! I'm really glad P got so into Bible School this year... but I'm ready to get back to 8:00 bedtimes, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment