Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

My apologies for a rather long absence from blogland - it turns out this thing doesn't write itself! We took a family trip to Tweetsie Saturday, and then headed to a graduation party and a birthday party on Sunday. Monday we spent some down time together at home, and Parker called both of his grandmas "on the phone". (He only got a chance to talk to his Grandma Hen this time, but I'm sure he'll try again soon.)

Here are just a few of the highlights of our weekend...

I finally coaxed P up on the stage with the cloggers, but his enthusiasm was a bit lacking... I didn't expect that, given his love of dance, but the whole audience thing is new to him. I guess that's obvious from this picture. =)

We kept busy throughout the day.

P and I rode the Ferris Wheel. He looks scared, but he wasn't. He laughed throughout the ride, and wanted to ride again until he saw how long the line was growing! He was really excited to find out he could see his car in the parking lot from the top of the Ferris Wheel.

C was worn out just from watching P!


While C napped, P took the opportunity to ride the "'copters".


We rode "the big train" twice. (That's right, P is no longer "scared" of the train.) After a full day at Tweetsie Railroad, we all slept well Saturday night!


We had fun at our parties on Sunday. P especially enjoyed "lookin' at the horses and donkeys"

and literally attempting to climb the fence.


C and I watched P's antics while Daddy A took pictures.


As you look at this particular photo, I know a question comes to mind. "Why Mama E," you think, "that sundress is adorable! I can't help but notice that it seems like the weather is warm. While I admire your cutting edge fashion sense, I am curious. Why did you wear a polo shirt and leggings with a sundress?" And the answer, my friends, lies in the right sidebar of my blog. I'm a mom. My time is not often my own. But with leggings and a polo on, who knows when I last shaved?

No comments:

Post a Comment