Wednesday, August 14, 2013

a night at Aunt Tiffany and Uncle John's condo

Late in June, we went to Fredericksburg and the boys had their opportunity to spend the night at Tiffany and John's condo.  And y'all, do NOT slip up and call it their house, because P and C will be all over you like white on rice and a glass of milk in a snowstorm.  I lost count of how many times I heard, "Mo-om!  It is a CONDO!  NOT a HOUSE!"  Okay, then.  I am not up on my real estate terms, plus I tend to use the words "house" and "home" interchangeably, although I do realize the terms are not always interchangeable.

Daddy A and I drove the boys to Northern Virginia, and the boys posed for a photo in front of Tiffany and John's building.  Yes, I said posed.  The boys made those faces on purpose.  So after we got the silly pictures out of our systems, we went upstairs and said hello to Tucker.


Then it was time for lunch, so we went out and looked around at our choices.  And wouldn't you know it, we happened upon a Cheesecake Factory, and C thought it was "Jasmine's restaurant" and wanted to eat there.  Tiffany jumped all over that, and then I realized that my youngest was a pawn in her game, because John never picks the Cheesecake Factory for a meal, and sometimes Tiffany wants to eat there.  Well, we settled in and it turns out that the restaurant, like other Cheesecake Factories the world over, was super exotic - as implied by C's suggestion that the restaurant belonged to a Middle Eastern princess - and served all sorts of delicacies, including  mac and cheese and pizza, pleasing both P and C to no end.


After lunch, Daddy A and I headed back to Fredericksburg and left P and C in Tiffany and John's capable hands.  They went swimming, and had a birthday party for Tucker, and then went out for ice cream.



Everyone stayed up past the boys' regular bedtime playing the Wii, and in the morning there was homemade french toast with whipped cream.  Also John did all the boys' laundry, which I enjoyed.


The boys had a blast!  At last count, I had heard, "When can we stay at the condo again?" over 153,842 times... so I'd call that a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment