Friday, August 9, 2013

Flag Day Fest!

Every year, some friends of ours host a Flag Day Fest on the Saturday closest to Flag Day.  It is a blast!  I love pulling up and seeing all the flags that have arrived.  It looks so festive!


This year, it was pretty warm, so frozen treats with friends were definitely in order.


C made some new friends while P played with some classmates.


Our friends live on the river, so we took the walking trail down to the water.  Oh, didn't I mention that our friends went to the effort of making their property a certified wildlife habitat?  I don't know how I forgot to tell you that because I think it is so cool!  I also think I might could do that with my backyard, since this summer I have seen a family of groundhogs, some beavers {yes, beavers!}, and other assorted widlife in my backyard.., but I'm guessing that the shed and swingset might slow down the process.  So maybe not.  But our friends do have an area of property that's a certified wildlife habitat.  They have a sign and everything, see?


We spent some time down by the river, enjoying the beauty of God's creation, climbing around, and visiting with friends.


Then we came back up to the yard and spent some time with friends.


We found Miss Casey and P showed her the picture of Miss Sapphire that we took at Tweetsie.  Then the boys ran around with the energy that they hadn't used up at Tweetsie that morning while I stood to the side and chatted.  We had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment