Monday, August 5, 2013

NDS Field Day!

I volunteered at P's Field Day this year, and P asked if C could please "come and see what my Field Day is like".  Now, y'all know what a sucker I am for brotherly love in action, and I just thought it was so sweet that P wanted his brother to tag along for fun activities with his school friends.  But I made C go to school instead because it was Water Day at C's school, and because I do believe that my boys need their own separate activities sometimes.  We compromised and {with the blessing of P's teacher} Daddy A picked C up from school a bit early {Daddy A had a lunch meeting, so I was going to have to leave Field Day early to pick C up from school otherwise} and brought him to NDS at lunchtime.  Then the boys spent the rest of P's Field Day together.  So actually, it wasn't so much a compromise as a What Works Best for Mom's Schedule So She Doesn't Go Crazy... but everyone was happy with the end result, which is kind of like what you hope will happen with a compromise, right?

So here is the ONE photo of the boys at field day.  It was just about the only time they were still, and it was the only time I wasn't manning some sort of water activity, so my camera was safe.  I hope they continue to enjoy sharing special activities... there's nothing like the bond between brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment