Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day Out with Thomas

We took our yearly visit to see the Little Blue Engine at Tweetsie in June.  The boys were good sports about posing for a photo.  As in many of the photos we've taken lately, P looks like he is going to choke C, but he really is just giving him what Daddy A and I termed "the hearty one-armed side hug" about ten years ago.  It was a popular move with the boys' godfather, and they've unknowingly adopted it.

One day, I plan to take all of the Thomas photos and line them up, year by year, and look at the passage of time documented before my eyes.  But not today, because I'm busy enjoying the days as they pass, which takes most of my time.  And I might not anyway, because I might get weepy, since I expect to have time for those kinds of projects around the time the boys are raising their children.  Yikes!


C settled into the stagecoach in style with his patriotic "sunnies" and an "apple gulp" {GoGo Squeez applesauce} for a refreshing snack before boarding the train.


P, on the other hand, spent his wait in jail.  I'm not sure what he did that caused C to throw him in there, but P doesn't seem too broken up about it, so I guess his sentence was mild.


We hopped on the first train ride of the day.  We ran into a bit of trouble on the rails, but Thomas saved the day!


After our train ride, we headed towards the Hacienda for the inflatables.  Those kept the boys busy until it was time to meet Sir Topham Hatt.



The boys were first in line for a hug from Sir Topham Hatt, and he wasn't cross at all!  Apparently Tweetsie didn't have any mishaps that caused confusion and delay.  {If you watch Thomas and Friends... ever... then you know what I'm talking about.}



Before the "dancin' girls'" show, the boys stopped for temporary tattoos and some fun with Duplo blocks.  We spent quite a while building, I guess because the Duplo blocks at Tweetsie are better than the Legos we have at home.  It was all good, because I enjoyed watching them being creative and play together.


Then we took in the show, which was as big a hit as ever with our boys.



We stopped at Tweetsie Fudge Works for "marshmallow train sticks", a very special treat, before we headed down the mountain for home.  It was a fun-filled day!

No comments:

Post a Comment