Tuesday, January 7, 2014

a recap of my day

It's past an appropriate bedtime for me, but that's okay because we have a two hour delay for school tomorrow because it's cold outside.  Monday we went back to school from Christmas vacation with a three hour delay, and this morning we had a two hour delay.  You will not hear me complaining - well, I might complain about the cold, but not about the delay.  When I was in elementary school, we didn't start our school day until 9:00am, and I'm going to tell you right now that {in my humble opinion} my school system was on to something.  I do think we might all have trouble adjusting to a 7:15am start time, as evidenced by the fact that I went upstairs at 9:15 tonight to switch a load of laundry and P was laying in bed wide awake.  Oh well; we'll worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
I promised you a recap of my day in the title of this post, and I do my best to deliver on promises.  That said, this may get boring for some of you, and I apologize in advance.  We started off with a nice late wake up call {except for Daddy A, who had a men's breakfast this morning}.  In a very non-Paleo moment, I agreed to take P and C to breakfast at McDonald's if they were ready in time, so we had a lovely breakfast date.  I spent a few hours at school and then headed to my tutoring gig, and when I left there... my word!  I'm exhausted just thinking about the rest of the afternoon.  I picked P up from clubs, we went to the credit union, had a quick snack, and went to the end of C's dance class.  We left there and headed straight to Tae Kwon Do for both boys, and we just managed to skate in to class on time.  I had decided earlier in the week that I would use the time while the boys were in the same TKD class to hit the gym, so I drove over there, changed at the speed of light, and got in an extremely short workout.  But you know what they say, a short workout is better than no workout at all.  Actually, I don't know if they say that - or who "they" are - but they could.  It certainly sounds good.  At the close of my workout, I went back to TKD and picked up the boys.  I figured I could drive approximately 11.4 miles before my car would run out of gas, so it was off to the gas station for us, then home for a delicious dinner, cooked by my amazing husband.  We started eating at 6:30, and I hadn't even opened P's backpack yet to check out the homework situation... normally bedtime here is around 7:30.  So I think you can assume, gentle reader, that I was just about done in.  I don't mean to make my life sound glamorous, but after dinner and a math worksheet, the boys had a bath and then we read our bedtime stories around the table while the boys enjoyed some hot cocoa.  {I had promised that we would have hot cocoa at some point today, and as I mentioned above, I do my best to deliver on promises.}  Now the boys are asleep, and I hear the laundry calling my name, so I'm off to check the washing machine.  I hope to finish the night wrapped in a blanket on the couch watching the end of Cutthroat Kitchen.  And there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment