Sunday, January 26, 2014

another day, another dollar

I had intended to have a nice post for all of you to read tonight {as I had intended for the last two weeks}, but here we are and this is what you've got.
Daddy A went skiing on a winter retreat with the youth this weekend, and I don't even know.  I am worn slap out here, folks.  The boys and I had quite the weekend.  I think it was overly ambitious of me to think that cleaning out P's room while Daddy A was gone was a good idea.  On top of that, C was afraid he would have bad dreams last night {and this boy is a master manipulator - there were actual tears involved in this statement} and he did not fall into a deep, regular sleep until three am this morning.  I think we all know who else was subsequently unable to fall asleep until three am.  That said, the three of us also had some great time together.  The boys chose to use some Christmas money to go to the movies and get snacks and we went Skylander hunting at Target with the last of C's birthday money.  I also got some new pajama shorts, since we were already out.  P told me several times that he "just wants to spend time" with me, and that warmed my heart.  I hope we both remember that in ten years when he starts asking me to drop him off two blocks away from wherever he wants to go and asks me not to say a word when it's my turn to pick him up from social outings with his friends.  :)
So tomorrow another work week begins, and I am looking literally as I type this at a pile of toys on top of the train table in the living room.  I don't mean to brag about my glamorous lifestyle, but I am going to finish this episode of Chopped - minus the commercials thanks to our VERY FANCY DVR - and head to bed.  If you're lucky, the rest of this week the blog will be more entertaining than it was tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment