Friday, January 3, 2014

today

Maybe some of you who have been reading along for a while {or who know me in person} will realize that I am a girl who loves a plan.  I really really really enjoy knowing what's coming down the pike.  Pretty consistently in my prayer life and Bible study I find that - once again - I need to trust God and not get so caught up in the future.  Now, I don't want to suggest that I'm going to throw caution to the wind because 1) I can't advocate that and 2) I don't want to have anyone thinking my blog has been hijacked.  :)  However, I am familiar with the practice of choosing "one word" for the year, and if I were choosing one for 2014, I think I would go with today.


We have had a relaxing Christmas break {which I think is a strange thing for a pastor's family to say, making it that much more special}, and I have spent lots of time really being with my kids and my husband.  We've read together, played board games, and had some nice talks ranging from the mundane to the more in depth conversations.  I have enjoyed our time together, and I have focused on the present rather than allowing myself to get caught up in thoughts about later.  There has been no inner monologue thinking, What if we can't do this next week because there's lots of homework? or I wonder if next Christmas will be this much fun.  Again, I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and forget about saving for college or planning for the future, but I am going to focus on today.  My hope is to rest in God and his promises, and celebrate each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment