Monday, January 19, 2015

Braehead Farm and Fredericksburg fun

So, when I started blogging again I accidentally skipped most of July.  These next few posts will be out of order - they should have been the first ones when I started again, but those things happen I guess.  If you want to read chronologically, the next several posts go right after our first day in Fredericksburg and then comes my "six months in review" post.

Back to business:  While we were in Fredericksburg, Tiffany and John came down for a visit.  We spent part of the day at a local farm.


C was more interested in his cousin Tucker than the farm animals, at least at first.


I guess both boys prefer to stick to the familiar, because there was tons of land, tree trunk bridges to cross, and a hay loft in which to play, but they both headed straight for the swingset... the swingset that was very similar to the one in our very own backyard.


Eventually they branched out and did some exploring.



Both boys were unwilling to try out the swing in the hay loft, so Tiffany and I had to give them some tips.



We got P on board, but we never got C to leave the comfort of the familiar.



Then we headed to the hen house.



After spending the morning outdoors, we decided to go bowling at Splitsville.  P was ready to bowl with proper form, rather than rolling his ball down the miniature hill.  I love the look on his face when he realizes his technique worked!



C stuck with his old standby {and a little help from his friends}.


Then we went out to dinner at the Japanese steakhouse nearby.


Of course, some of the most fun activities happened just hanging around my parents' house.  Apparently C isn't the only person who likes to do headstands on his mom's couch.


Ever the performer, C presented a very special show for his aunt and uncle.


And at the end of a day full of fun, both boys felt like it was time to relax, and I think we all agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment