Sunday, January 18, 2015

P tests for his brown belt

The week of July 21st was our church's Bible Camp last summer.  I didn't post about it, or take many pictures, because I was one of the co-directors and the week flew by and I was a combination of thrilled and exhausted the entire time.  The boys and their friends had a blast, though!  Grandma Hen came to help, and Friday night after Bible Camp was over P went to Tae Kwon Do to test for his brown belt.

He has worked very hard over the last year and a half (almost two years now) and I was really impressed watching this test with how much he has learned and how his confidence and knowledge of martial arts has grown.

He had no problems demonstrating his ability to defend himself against an attacker.  :)


Sparring continues to be one of his favorite activities during TKD class.


He looked so sure of himself as he set his boards before his board break.  When I took TKD lessons I always worried about the best way to set my boards and second guessed myself, but he knew exactly where he wanted his boards, and shortly after this picture was taken he broke both of them!


We were all proud of his achievement, and thankful for his great instructors who are so patient with him.


P loved having a larger cheering section for his test, too!  It was nice to have a grandparent in town for the occasion.


Way to go, P!

No comments:

Post a Comment