Thursday, November 4, 2010

Downtown Morganton Spooktacular trick or treat

The Friday before Halloween, our town holds an event. Kids can wear their costumes and trick or treat at the downtown merchants. There's also a costume contest and some carnival games and an inflatable slide.

I thought to myself, "Mama E., what fun! It'll be even more fun this year than it has been in years past, because the boys (especially P) are old enough to enjoy it. Aren't you lucky to live in a town with special activities like this?!" and so off we went to the festival.

What I should have thought to myself was, "Mama E., you are NUTS. There will be free candy and games, and your children will be smaller than many of the children there. Everyone and his third cousin 15 times removed will be there, and your boys are young enough to not even know they are missing the party madhouse." Since that's NOT what I said to myself, we went to the party madhouse.

Even though it was crowded and poorly organized, the boys did have fun. Before we left, I had them pose for the obligatory front porch Halloween picture.


While we were trick 0r treating downtown, we ran into a little girl (between the ages of the boys) who was dressed as Dora. Her mother and Daddy A took the opportunity to grab a picture of Dora, Boots, and Swiper together.


(The boys weren't as unhappy as they look here - I promise!) They had fun gathering candy, playing the "fishing game," and playing on the inflatable slide. We had full bags of treats before Halloween night even arrived at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment