Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...it's time to prepare for Christmas!
Around the time P was born, I was really into designing photo cards. I'd upload photos to my computer and create backgrounds for cards for friends and family for just about any holiday. It seemed natural, then, that I would create a photo Christmas card for our family to send out. I did, and then I uploaded the picture to print and be mailed to our house. Then I addressed and sent out cards. That's been my MO ever since.
This year, though, I decided that since we have so much going on, it might be really nice to choose a favorite photo, upload it, and let someone else do the work to turn it into a card. I looked into Shutterfly first for a couple of reasons:
1. When P was born, we created a website with a company called Baby Jelly Beans. Once we had uploaded photos to the site, friends and family could order prints. They came in the mail a few days later from Shutterfly. Everyone who ordered prints from our website was pleased with the timely delivery and the quality of the pictures.
2. I have had positive experiences with Shutterfly's photo calendars. You can look at their full selection of calendars here.

Given my positive experiences, having Shutterfly do our Christmas cards this year seemed like a no brainer. Easy peasy lemon squeezy - I'll just choose and upload a photo, select a card, and be all set!
While I was doing my Christmas card research, I was very excited to find out that bloggers can get 50 free holiday cards from Shutterfly… you can learn more here.
All that's left for me to do? Choose our card, wait for a stack of them to arrive in the mail, and then address and send them! Shutterfly will do that for you, too, if you are interested. Here are my top choices for our card (sans pictures of our family at the moment, of course!).

Gorgeous White Ribbon


Merry Xmas 2010

Please feel free to leave a comment and tell me which card you think I should choose (or let me know if you see one that you like even better than these!).

1 comment:

  1. So funny...I saw this deal too! I really like shutterfly. Although I got a great deal from Vistaprint last year too. Your stuff is so cute anyway...I'm sure they'll be great!

    ReplyDelete