Wednesday, November 3, 2010

a Halloween party

Since P's school is just up the hill from our house, I volunteered to host the class Halloween party. I thought it would be fun for the kids to take a "field trip" down the street. I had hoped the weather would be nice, especially since we've had an unseasonably warm fall, enabling all of the kids to spread out outside, do some activities, and maybe play on the swingset... but it rained. The boys and their families all gathered indoors instead for some not-so-spooky fun.

There was witches' brew to drink.


Each boy had the chance to make a "ghost" from a nutter butter cookie and some white candy melts and a "jack-o-lantern" from the inside of a my-oh-my and orange candy melts. I had originally thought those might go home to be enjoyed later, but most of them were eaten right away!


We had so many other treats we didn't touch the pumpkin cake, but the "mummy pizzas" were a hit.


Hopefully everyone had as much fun as P and C did - they all went home with full tummies and smiles on their faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment