Thursday, November 4, 2010

UNC football game

Some of our friends from church gave us their tickets to the UNC football game the day before Halloween. They were going to be out of town, and they offered us the tickets since UNC was playing William and Mary. To all of my fellow W&M friends, I apologize for wearing "Carolina blue," but I REFUSED to actually wear any UNC gear, especially the "Beat W&M" button that Daddy A insisted on wearing!

William and Mary played REALLY well, and led for most of the game... alas, UNC pulled off a touchdown in the fourth quarter and won the game. We had a great time - it was a long day, but I think it was worth it!

Since C didn't need a ticket, we took our friend Patrick with us to use the fourth ticket. He's eight years old, and P now calls him his "church frien' for me to see". He begged to sit beside Patrick at church Sunday and can't wait to see him again! Patrick is very patient with P.

We kicked 0ff the day in Tarheel Town. All three boys had a good time on the inflatables.


P's jersey looks a little big. That's because it used to be mine. He didn't want to wear it when we left the house, but once he saw the football players he didn't want to take it off! He's been wearing it to bed every time it's clean (because I wash it during the day, and it's afternoon or evening when he sees it clean and dry), and often asks for his "football shirt". He's hoping to get some more "football shirts" for Christmas.

Then the boys got their faces painted.



The boys and I lined up to watch the team run through Tarheel Town.


C had a blast watching them run by!


The boys all had their "game faces" on!


P kept that Tarheel tattoo on his face until Wednesday morning! C still has his, but I used baby oil to get P's off before school pictures Wednesday.


I wonder if it was Patrick's cheering that led the Tarheels to victory. (Maybe I should have cheered for W&M a bit more loudly...)


C and P stayed in good spirits all day, even without naps. I was so proud of them!


Patrick stayed in good spirits, too, but I expected that from him. He's past that napping stage. :)


It was after 11:00pm when we got home - it's a good thing the boys were able to sleep some in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment