Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Grandma Hen visits and we celebrate P's birthday

The last weekend of February Grandma Hen came to visit and we celebrated P's birthday for the first time in 2014.  We went out for Mexican, and P purposely chose a different restaurant than the one we went to for Grandma's birthday in January because he didn't want them to smear whipped cream on his nose after they sang to him.  I assured him that they wouldn't - they didn't do that to me when I celebrated my thirtieth birthday at this very restaurant.  Unfortunately, it is apparently a new birthday celebrating custom to smear whipped cream on the face of the honored guest, because I was wrong.  And for that I am deeply sorry.  But I did get this picture before that happened, when all was still well with P's world.


It certainly didn't hurt that P got to open his birthday presents from his paternal grandparents when we arrived home from dinner.


Both P and C also received these DIY treasure chests from Grandma Hen.  They enjoyed painting and decorating these wooden keepsakes almost as much as they enjoy using them to store a plethora of treasures.  I love having a place to keep the rocks, string, and other odds and ends from their pockets.


We had a great weekend and enjoyed celebrating with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment