Sunday, June 8, 2014

perhaps we should stick to the blue squares

We had more snow than usual this winter, and the boys took the opportunity to spend hours sledding down the neighbors' driveway.


It was all fun and games until C went face first into the parked truck at the bottom of the hill.  I'll spare y'all the picture.  We had a conversation very reminiscent of Marcia Brady the night of The Great Sledding Debacle of 2014.

me:  Please move your hands, baby.  I need to look at your face and see if anything might be broken.

C:  No, no!  If my nose is broken please don't send me to school.  Please, mommy!  I don't want anyone to see me with my face like this!

It wasn't a conversation I expected to have with a son, especially one still in preschool.  I was worried in the moment, of course, but it struck me as funny later.  Fortunately, his nose and cheek were both not broken, and he recovered quickly... but I don't think he'll be skiing down any Black Diamond trails in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment