Tuesday, June 10, 2014

the belts of purple

At the end of January, P was ready to test for his purple belt.  C wasn't quite ready to test for his orange belt, but he was able to test for a white belt with a colored stripe, which was supposed to signify that he had gained some knowledge of the white belt curriculum but hadn't mastered all of it yet.  I think it actually signified that I have a willingness to open my wallet far more often than I ought.  Anyway, C chose a purple stripe belt both to match P's purple belt and because "purple is my favorite color of all the belt options".  I'll let y'all decide which reason held more weight.

P and C showed their self defense, sparring, and form skills and graduated to new levels!




C stopped for a high five from P when he was on the way to receive his new belt.  It was a "mom moment" for me... and I may frame this photo and gaze at it adoringly when the summer bickering starts.






Way to go, boys! Daddy and I are proud of your hard work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment